Discuss Why are Cylinders rarely in the loft for Trad. Gravity Vented Systems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Thank you . So in conclusion, a sealed-system's big advantage if I can find mains pressure to run it, is that,

1) Whilst some locations are better, at a push, I can put tanks broadly where I like.
2) In my case the HW tank will still find its way into the loft, simply because that's where there's space, (and gravity helps feed F & R to it too) but it could sit on the ground floor, next to the boiler, or even below it?
The downside is complication and getting a 'bloke' in.

Whereas a trad. system struggles to find loft-headroom, and weight is the worry. But at push, might be possible.

Thank you . Whereas a trad. system struggles to find loft-headroom, and weight is the worry. But at push, might be possible.

Just a fact for you. NO new house builder puts in low pressure systems anymore - not one. An HP system will also affords you a wider choice of kit to use. An LP system can work out expensive in things like showers as they have to be so much better machined.

Overall, yes an unvented system ( sealed) is leaps and bounds better, although vented systems are still very common and have a use as it were.

Thanks all.

An HP system will also affords you a wider choice of kit to use. An LP system can work out expensive in things like showers as they have to be so much better machined.

How is that? I'd have it that a 'pump is a pump', I can see, if said pump was already fed at 1bar, it has less work to do, so we see more 'grunt' for our trouble, but what am I missing? Is that the only reason we need better kit?

Let's take an example. Mira hi pressure digital showers cannot work with pumped low pressure systems. However, do what I'm suggesting and they do work as it becomes a high pressure system.

Better kit = improved flow rates and they are required for NON pumped systems - gravity systems.

Reply to Why are Cylinders rarely in the loft for Trad. Gravity Vented Systems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock