Discuss Why I don't advertise on facebook.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
why i dont do fb plumbing.png

Nice! Do they work as well as they do in the video? Reminds me of the old fashioned profile/contour guages, used to be fascinated by my grandads one, inherrited all of his tools and I still carry it around despite pretty much never using it. I like tools way too much, the missus' eyes glaze over the minute the topic comes up :D

They do work Won’t toque down a bolt but will do medium to light things cheap enough to replace once a year tho

50 to 60 quid to change a syphon are you having a laugh! !!

Considering you need to see what type it is first then go get one and come back to fit . I charge 2 hours plus part very rarely have the exact syphon in the van.

Absolutely no way would I do it for 50 quid . Sprawling around some grotty bog where high chance pee has been splashed on the floor no no no

" but it's just a washer ? " :eek:
The thing I think about most, is not the technical stuff that I think I don't know, it is this: AM I getting what I'm worth, will they pay that, am I undercharging, overcharging, over and over again.!?!

I charge around 2-3 times the figures being suggested for a syphon. Been doing that for last 8+ years, vast majority of customers use me again, take my time, advise them to change inlet while I'm there if it looks old, new doughnut, new cc kit or through bolts if any sign of a hint of weep on one of the bolts or it was tiny bit loose, usually new screws to wall with penny and rubber washers, fit a handle isolator if there isn't one and show them how to use it. Make a job of it and make it a job well done.

I get a few jobs from Facebook but some people have no idea.
Not just plumbing, people want plasterers and tilers to start today, man and a van to drive one end of town to the other for £10, a garden full of rubbish tipped for £20 and people are queuing up to do the jobs

They don’t comply with water regs especially the dog washing ones (cat 5 risk)

Reply to Why I don't advertise on facebook.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock