Discuss Why pressure gauge drop without leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24 hours. Its shows a pressure drop of 0.5 bar. The pipe line is fully exposed and I couldn't find any leak on them. What might be the problem. If somebody know, pls share

Did the temp change a lot ?

I don't like the sound of 'rubber bungs'. Are you following a proper methods statement from the pipeline manufacturer? What precautions did you take to avoid air entrapment? What stabilisation period did you allow?

Pvc high pressure class E pipe with water
PVC pipe will expand when under pressure, like PEx Piping & composite pipe.
It probably the expansion of the pipe under pressure that is causing the pressure drop.
- Same amount of water filling a larger volume of pipe.

Manufactures of pvc, pex pipe state that you should pump up the pipework 3 times and then do a pressure test.
Pump up once, let it stabilize, pump up again, let it stabilize, pump up third time and there should be no pressure drop.
You don't drain the system after each test, just keep pumping more water into the pipework

Reply to Why pressure gauge drop without leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back