Search the forum,

Discuss Why twin oil boilers in church central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is my first post and I wondered if anyone would have any views on the advantages (if any) of using twin oil boilers in a very light commercial building ie the local parish church. I have been asked to look at replacing the existing 45kw electric santon water heater with a oil fired system. I know other churches in the area have twin boilers ie 2 x 26kw. Would a single 50kw boiler have disadvantages apart from if it breaks theres no back up. Is it quicker to heat large volumes of water wit a twin system than with a bigger single boiler ?
Any comments would be appreciated

The advantage of 2 boilers instead of 1 would be as u said if one breaks down there is a back up so there should always be heating, in larger commercial properties instead of having one large boiler there are several boilers due to this reason, and the heating up times would be the same

as above also to share the load, and you might not be able to fit a big size through door ways etc

also having 2x domestic boilers cascaded together rather than 1x commercial boiler means spares are easier to get hold of plus more chance of a heating engineer knowing what there working on...

good luck and godspeed

also having 2x domestic boilers cascaded together rather than 1x commercial boiler means spares are easier to get hold of plus more chance of a heating engineer knowing what there working on...

good luck and godspeed

Not always true and I have found that they break down more than commercial designed / built units

It can be a nightmare getting commercial boiler parts compared to domestic boiler parts which u can usually get of the shelve or next day delivery, can wait weeks on commercial parts

It can be a nightmare getting commercial boiler parts compared to domestic boiler parts which u can usually get of the shelve or next day delivery, can wait weeks on commercial parts

Not if you know the right people / reps can have most parts to your door max 3 days

Must be going to the wrong place then, we only have a few selected places we can go for parts, forced draught burner parts are usually the worst

Whereabouts are you Gary?

Each boiler should be rated to take 70% of the full load which gives a built in redundancy should either one break down.

My current preference is a Buderus shell boiler with a Riello burner, bombproof!

Whereabouts are you Gary?

Each boiler should be rated to take 70% of the full load which gives a built in redundancy should either one break down.

My current preference is a Buderus shell boiler with a Riello burner, bombproof!

cant beat good old cast iron

Two smaller boilers will give greater turndown as well as redundancy if that's important. Most of the year I'd expect you could happily run on one of the smaller boilers at better efficiency than a single larger one.
Servicing will be more though as there are two boilers plus finding routes for two flues or larger combined flue and capital/installation cost is likely to be higher for two boilers.
Most churches I've done where they are normally used a couple times a week only have one boiler (usually because they just upgraded ye olde solid fuel jobbie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why twin oil boilers in church central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock