Search the forum,

Discuss widney gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d.roche

hey guys... widney gas fires in a mobile home.. can someone tell me how to properly do a spillage test on one of these fires??? they seem to have too small a flue for pellets or matches?????

I havent got the quals for this but I'm sure you have to had a special ticket to work on then. And it's not just the lav ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey d.roche .. Shoot me down mate coz I'm not LPG .... However if you're concerned, old day tool was a 'cold mirror'! Beats anything if you have restricted access.... Literally a 'cold' mirror placed across the top of the radiant canopy! If it steams up you got spillage!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you need a special ticket for these fires its £90 plus vat

where im from i have the ticket to do this work.... but thank you for the valuable information pjf

Special ticket for Widney fires? Where is this listed?

If its the one I'm thinking of it has a flexible flue onto a circular flue spigot.
Unable to smoke bomb but the spillage check is listed in a label on the left hand side.

You have me worried now. I let my Lpg lapse end of last year due to lack of work but I used to sign off a lot of vans on farms and they had some very old ex seaside vans.

Does not affect me now but a little more knowledge wont hurt.

ive just completed my lpg and its an extra ticket 100% right

hey guys... widney gas fires in a mobile home.. can someone tell me how to properly do a spillage test on one of these fires??? they seem to have too small a flue for pellets or matches?????

Hi D.Roche,

I have been told from my training center that it is not a special ticket if you did the LPG conversion course from NG, if you do the LPG course separately on its own then it will be a extra add on. Thats what I have been told from my training center as we covered Closed flue fires on the conversion. I also use a mirror for Hope this helps.

To work on a closed flue fire you need HTRLP2. Testing a flue on these fires is completely different from testing a normal flue and you must also visually inspect the entire length of the flue. A mirror is not an approved method of testing a closed flue fire.

For your information ;
1. close all doors & windows in room that fire is in.
2. remove fire guard.
3. Light fire on full rate. (10 mins)
4. Turn off fire and hold smoke match in position shown on side of fire.
6. if smoke is drawn into fire OK
7. If Not ! relight fire for another 10mins (Full rate) and re test
This should be done immediately the fire is turned off
8. if smoke is still not drawn into fire ! the flue system may need attention. IF THIS IS THE CASE DISCONNECT FIRE.

Cold mirror is an old trick. But it seems a bit dodgy and I would not use it. Jts seems to have listed and approved method.

Yes its out of Widney MI, keep one on van , do about 200 a year at start of season, Another thing with these it's a good idea to remove and wash out Burners, allways seam to get lots of dirt in them.

Also you need to take the inspection panel off and inspect the flue and ventilation openings. I write my name and the date on the wall behind the panel to show that I've taken it off and inspected.

It's also vitally important to check all of the ventilation openings in the caravan. I'm always finding vents blocked. I had one static van that had every single vent blocked with clear tape over the back of the vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to widney gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock