Search the forum,

Discuss Will this pipe design work ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached a picture of the proposed layout of a new install of rads.
Does any one know if this design will work ok the heavy lines are 22mm and thin lines 15mm.
I am worried if I will get enough flow to the ground floor large rads.
Any advice woulf be appreciated.
:confused:

Attachments

• Rad layout a.jpg
    Rad layout a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Will be OK provided you use 22mm pipe for the downstairs part up to the 2 rads, not in 15mm as you have stated. May be fine in 15mm but best in 22

Last edited:
it will be fine its a pressurised system, just make sure you balance it correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this pipe design work ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A plumber recently told me my bypass pipework is poorly designed as it’s offering a low path of resistance v the motorised valve T junctions, and therefore is passing water constantly. I have noticed that, some minutes after the CH starts up, this bypass pipe gets hot along its entire length up...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
I have a OMNIE designed wet underfloor heating system on three floors. Ground and 2nd floors work well with those two floors having a single manifold and recirculating pump for the various zones. On the 1st floor the rooms are split over two manifolds each with its own recirculating pump...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock