Search the forum,

Discuss will this qualification let me become a plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

megapad

hi, im on a gap year from college i got good grades but they werent good enough for my firm choice.

basically i enrolled into level 2 plumbing course and im wondering is this the industry standard? and if i do this can i go out and get a job with most companies? i definitely wont be studying level 3, as i will hopefully doing my degree next year. this is more to get a decent job while at uni and also kind of as a hobby thing.

thanks in advance.

Hi megapad, ,,, the answer to your question is simply no soz, it will give you an insight into plumbing systems and basics, but a company might still hire you on an understanding of what youve done to date and might help further your knowledge, like level 3

need to make your mind up matey, either go for plumbing all out or go to uni and study hard, trying a bit of both will only end in tears, seen similar before

Not sure I agree with that 100%. I went to uni, earned good money for a bit in the military, then decided to leave and start my plumbing business. It took 5 years to get going but the good money is coming in at last. An engineering degree really helped me to understand plumbing/electrics faster. I don't even have an NVQ 2 to my name.

my point is do one or the other n stop farting around. jack of all trades master of none comes to mind. you finished your degree croft, however earning good money and being in the forces doesnt ring true from experience

so I cant absolutely get into a job with just the level 2? I really wanted to do this to have something to do for a year rather than finding a job and its really hard to find a job here in london, ive been looking for a few months and all ive come up with is a 5 hour a week job and its something i would of loved to do.

I got a pretty good wage but I joined up with a commission! Money is better outside though, well at least it is now. Wasn't when I started!

I got a pretty good wage but I joined up with a commission! Money is better outside though, well at least it is now. Wasn't when I started!

An officer is on crap money till captain

so I cant absolutely get into a job with just the level 2? I really wanted to do this to have something to do for a year rather than finding a job and its really hard to find a job here in london, ive been looking for a few months and all ive come up with is a 5 hour a week job and its something i would of loved to do.

You wont be able to 'do' plumbing after taking a course. You wont know anything, not trying to sound harsh but you need experience to do plumbing, which is why people start as an apprentice, realistically you need about 5 years on the tools in order to gain the experience and knowledge required to do the job.

If you do a course and jump straight in, the only things you will be able to understand are the common sense areas, which you dont need level 2 to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to will this qualification let me become a plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock