Discuss Williams,above and beyond a normal merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But its lovely just having the chance to ask with you being an active forum member

monday i was just going to hope and send rosie to whichever branch had the boiler!
Now i can better plan things out :)

Any updates on the online store?
i love abit of online shopping me!

now you just need to stock oso cylinders :p

That's called karma in my book Ray.

Thought you might like to see this little clip from our potential new carriers quote:

Asprays said:
Northern Ireland

Deliveries will be charged as above plus 100%

That really is genuine!

Incidentally, if anyone has any experience of a transport company called "Aspray 24" then I would love to hear about it. We desperately need to get away from the TNT type company, where we are such a trivially small customer that they don't care whether they lose us or not.

looking at the price list ray, no bunded 2500l tanks, presume you do them somewhere?

Thought you might like to see this little clip from our potential new carriers quote:

That really is genuine!

Incidentally, if anyone has any experience of a transport company called "Aspray 24" then I would love to hear about it. We desperately need to get away from the TNT type company, where we are such a trivially small customer that they don't care whether they lose us or not.

They're over priced. Avoid them like the plague.

Plus they have bad breath and boils.

And they pick their noses in the most inopportune moments.

All absolutely true and not driven in the slightest by bitterness.......

Any updates on the online store?

This is quite a long way behind schedule, but to be fair, I have allowed it to drag on, because I don't think we are ready yet. It may sound finicky to obsess about carriers and packaging, but I don't want to start taking orders on a large scale until we are confident that all the parts of the service work. It doesn't take long to blow a reputation if you go off half-cocked.

When it is ready for launch, I think that we will keep it very low key (probably just here in the arms) for a bit, because there are bound to be more teething problems.

poor sods probably had their lorries nicked and blown up in years gone by :)

I hear Royal Mail is a gr8 service and parcel force are really helpful and will settle any claim relating to damage or loss of insured items really quickly. FedEx - never actually deliver goods just "sorry we couldn't be bothered to carry your item in van post cards" My hermits are cheap and cheerful - collection from your depots and delivery by benefit cheats!

I hear Royal Mail is a gr8 service and parcel force are really helpful and will settle any claim relating to damage or loss of insured items really quickly. FedEx - never actually deliver goods just "sorry we couldn't be bothered to carry your item in van post cards" My hermits are cheap and cheerful - collection from your depots and delivery by benefit cheats!

Parcelforce declined to quote - as did many of the small parcel carriers. If they are 1 man delivery on a normal panel van, the H&S rules won't let them carry over 25kg or 30kg. Our commonest shipment is a boiler with flue kit, filter, chemicals and bits and bobs - usually about 40kg - 70kg.

Its too light for the pallet trade (who don't like going to residential addresses anyway) and too heavy for the home-delivery people.

I discovered last week that one of the big company's drivers are budgetted 90 secs to park, get out of the van, find the parcel, ring your doorbell, get you to sign for it, shut the van and get back on the road. 90 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams,above and beyond a normal merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock