Discuss Wireless Room Stat Problem !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MH217

Have recently had a condensing boiler fitted Worcester Greenstar 30si, along with a wireless room stat Siemens RDJ10RF, We have this set at 20 degrees but have noticed that say if it is reading 17degrees when we switch heating on the temp will gradually rise but go to 21 or 21.5 then switch off, the system and house will then start to cool down and the temp on the room stat will go down to around 18 to 18.5 before switching back on. So the temp variations cause the house to be either too cold or too hot.

Is this normal for a room stat or is there a problem. My installer says its fine, but we are not so sure. Also its a nightmare if signal is lost to reprogramme. And a couple of occasions the LCD screen has gone very faint and battery symbol has come on, although I have tested batterys and they are ok but if you take batterys out then put back in, it then ok again. Are there any other wireless stats that are better and more sensitive to temp variations.

Thanks

Mark

According to the siemens web site the temp differential on the unit should only be 1 degree so it sounds like you've got a faulty unit. Get the unit swapped under guarantee. Your installer should do this for you.

Mike

Thanks Mike, have you got a link for that info so I can consult my installer with it. Think it may help. Also one other, I have the room stat in the bedroom (bungalow) and the rooms TRV is fully open. Would it be better in the hallway.

Other posts seem to state hallway being the best position.

Mark

Siemens Building Technologies - RDJ10RF/SET

The stat should be in a room with an uncontrolled radiator. The hallway is normal but the lounge is quite a reasonable position to site it if there is no other heat source.

You may do well to consult siemens about the problems you are having.

Mike

These stats are so tempremental I am surprised Siemens manufacture them!

I have another problem with my Siemens Rdj10rf Stat. I have done and reset and tested and I have full connection between the base and the user control. The Auto frost function is OFF. I have day and night temp set to 20c. Yet at random times of the day and night when the Auto timings are finished the heating comes on and the control panel is showing 24c and climbing!!!!!!! (This is our holiday home and our gas bill this month is massive!!) This morning it was 3 am, yesterday it was 1pm in the afternoon when it came on. Ironically, my parents have the same stat and they to have the same problem, but theirs is always in the early hours of the morning. We both have Worc. Bosch boilers...Any ideas???

get a different make of stat siemens aren't very reliable i have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless Room Stat Problem !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock