Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28cdi (old type) Guess the Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok, following on from my drain tap thread, does anyone have an opinion about this vibration noise. It started a few days ago there's no lockout or fault code and everything works as it should except for the noise. I fancy it's the pump but as they go for about £150 I want to be as sure as i can before I buy one, many thanks video HERE

Nope not the pump best to call a gas safe engineer out

Thanks for the replies guys, I took your advice on board & called a gas safe engineer who has just left. He said he thought it was probably the pump and would change it for £250 but it might be something else in which case I would still have to pay for the pump plus whatever else it turned out to be. Short story - I'm not convinced he knows what it is and I'm planning to book a different engineer on monday. Would it be ok to get some ideas about what you think the fault could be so I have a fighting chance of not getting ripped off & I have a rough idea about what he should be telling me the fault is? It seems not all gas safe engineers are equal.

Worcester fixed price repair doesn’t matter if it’s a few faults they will change

Reply to Worcester 28cdi (old type) Guess the Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to the forum, I have an old style Worcester 28cdi that I need to drain down to investigate some vibration noise. (i'll be asking...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock