Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28cdi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Called out to a worcester 28cdi ( not greenstar, old one with grey front) making a strange noise, little bit of banging etc. I think it's the pump, turns out that the pump only works on speed 3 and if you turn it to speed 2 or 1 it stops and obviously starts banging loads.
Obviously there is a problem here but is it the pump thats at fault or could it be the pcb not sending thd right voltage to gh ed pump?????

if you can change the speed on the pump then its the pump, you can test the feed (power), i would say its the pump

Could be pump, might be all sludged up heat exchanger that would cause banging too as its getting old!

if you can change the speed on the pump then its the pump, you can test the feed (power), i would say its the pump

Do you mean " if you CAN'T change the speed on the pump"
I'm getting resistance on all speeds on the pump, seem a little high though.

Do you mean " if you CAN'T change the speed on the pump"
I'm getting resistance on all speeds on the pump, seem a little high though.

Yes sorry and some on the very old ones had a selector on the side of the pump (where the elec connections are) 1 - 2 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28cdi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Hi Fitted a new out the box’s boiler today. It worked for 30 minutes. Then stoped and went to fault codes 2965 B Flow temperature too high ▶...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock