Discuss Worcester 28i Junior pre 2007 model - Central heating overheating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allallyouyou

Hi there,

Recently I have noticed my central heating is warmer than usual (the dial on boiler is set approx 3/4 high).

Last night the boiler was on a while all rads reached a red hot temp then the boiler stated making horrendous noises, like it was boiling itself literally! I switched it off before it came off the wall.

I had a little play with the temp dial on the front. If I wind down the temp it operates ok just at a lower temp. A friend of mine says its probably the overheat thermostat needs replacing.

If it was this would the water temp be controlled or would the switch cut off and display alarm light? I thought maybe it was the central heating thermistor but how could it be this if when I turn it down it doesn't overheat?

Any help on the matter much appreciated.

AAYY

:81:

If your not a GSR you will need someone to look at for you it could be a couple of things.

I agree, if you're gsr please give us your details and we'll do our best to help. If not please tell us your location and one of the guys could be local to you.

And welcome to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i Junior pre 2007 model - Central heating overheating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock