Search the forum,

Discuss worcester 28i rsf, lack of air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dean.

got called out to do a service on 28i, the 1.5 meter vertical flue had a missing clamp to join the two flue lengths, so i got a new one to repair it, now the boiler wont work. the flame lights then locks out after 10 seconds, when i remove my new clamp it works fine. Turns out they got the boiler repaired few months back for constant lock out, so the engineer removed it as a quick fix to let more air flow into boiler.

I should think so ID , He must be a right clown doing that I would get the customer to get him back to sort it out or report him if he doestnt

I'd say that there is an obstruction in flue
Flue is too long
Or fan is kaput

I dont repair flues that have not been installed correctly as more than likely there is other defects

thanks for the replies, flue terminates through roof three floors up on a pitched roof, ive checked as much as i can for inside the loft ill have to get lend of roof ladder to check outside terminal, the house has been let out sort term for a while, so there are any amount of people who could have done it ,all the land lord can tell is that the boiler played up for months, then it was (fixed), if i cant find any blocks in flue ill give the fan a go.

thanks for the replies, flue terminates through roof three floors up on a pitched roof, ive checked as much as i can for inside the loft ill have to get lend of roof ladder to check outside terminal, the house has been let out sort term for a while, so there are any amount of people who could have done it ,all the land lord can tell is that the boiler played up for months, then it was (fixed), if i cant find any blocks in flue ill give the fan a go.
Flue is to long for this boiler , need to be changed to 125mm one !

Personally I think you are mad and I would cut it off regardless of what the landlord said or call transco . You could be held liable as the landlord will drop you in it if there is any issues or worse still he could try and get you to replace the flue foc labour wise. Avoid big time

job was worse than i thought the inner flue wasnt fully connected to the flue therminal, so the ***bustion products were getting sucked back into the boiler, i replaced flue extention and now it works fine. A reply to the above the fan was the first check but it was working fine, i was to check flue then check fan again incase the speed had slowed. I dont see the sence in just turning it of, then ****ing of a landlord who has plenty of work for me. I always try to fix the problem , i dont like to turn down work.

sticking your fga on the "fresh air" side of the flue can help check for this type of fault, i thinks its good practice if possible to do this test on vertical/long flue systems.
I dont like some of these modern push fit flues systems that dont lock the poc tube into the fresh air tube at the socket end, can be a pain to install on long runs and pulling a elbow off disconnects a section of the poc tube. Still cant understand how the poc tube ever gets cut shorter than the fresh air tube :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 28i rsf, lack of air in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock