Discuss Worcester boiler programmer anomoly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YEDMANS

Hi all

I have a Worcester Greenstar 28i junior boiler which incorporates a dt20 programmer. There appears to be an anomoly as there is hot water being supplied to the taps even when HW on the DT20 is in the OFF position ! How can this be ?? Would pressing the RESET button clear this apparent fault ? Thanks for any help.

It's a combi isn't it? Instant hot water ...... Haven't got a clue what a dt20 is but a combi only needs a timer for the heating!

A dt20 is a Worcester digital clock

Why would you want to turn the hot water off?
Just use the cold tap!?!?!?!

The hot water side of the programmer on a Worcester combi controls the "pre-heat" function of the hot water in the boiler

The hot water side of the programmer on a Worcester combi controls the "pre-heat" function of the hot water in the boiler

I'm pleased my post may have been a little amusing to some of the more experienced members who took the time to reply! This tells me any fears I may have are hopefully unfounded ! However, I can only quote from the DT20 Programmer Instruction Manual supplied with the Worcester which states HOT WATER: "press SELECT to choose either A: - OFF = constantly OFF or B: TIMED = up to 3 ON/OFF time periods or C: ONCE = 1 ON/OFF time period or D: ON = constantly ON. No reference is made to the pre-heat function except in reference to the ECO button on the boiler itself, which when illuminated means the pre-heat function is not enabled. However it does seem sensible to me that the pre-heat function should be programmabe as it would otherwise operate 24/7 (very expensive I would imagine). Any further comments would be much appreciated. Also Gray0689 what is this monthly award I may be honoured to receive ? Your post doesn't make it very clear and I am now intrigued !

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones i have fitted i just told people the hot water side has no function, like you say there is a pre-heat or eco button on some worcesters.

It wouldnt be that expensive to run, i believe the boiler pre heats 1 litre of water... but maybe you dont want to pre-heat it 24 / 7... so just leave it on timed???

Phone Worcester and ask.. then let us all know there response lol!

I tell most customers to leave the preheat turned off kinda ruins the effecency i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler programmer anomoly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock