Discuss Worcester Bosch 24i Greenstar Junior Presuure Vessel Problems ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sadssandiford

Hi all usual symptoms;

Pressure ok when central heating off, shoots up to 3 bar when central heating on with usual water out of external pressure releif pipe!

Been told its Expansion Vessel that has failed!

Trouble is on Worcester Bosch 23i Greenstar Juniour, expansion vessel is part of boiler mounting frame!

As my flue goes out of boiler and straight through wall above boiler there isnt enough space to remove expansion vessel!

Boiler installation paperwork says if not enough room the boiler has to be taken off wall to change Expansion Vessel!

My question is cant you just disconnect horizontal part of flue from the elbow, slide flue out of way through wall, change Expansion Vessel and reconnect flue? Seems alot easier than taking boiler off the wall!

Any help much appreciated

Brent

Just an update;

Checked pressure in Pressure vessel when system pressure at zero, Pressure Vessel shows zero, but no water at valve!
Pumped up Pressure Vessel to 1 Bar and system pressure also showed 1Bar!
Released system pressure by bleeding radiator to zero, checked PV pressure, now at zero!
To me this shows PV not holding pressure and failed!
But pumped up PV to 1 Bar, ran boiler and again system pressure upto 3 bar with PRV dripping water as one would expect with knackered PV!!!
Noticed radiators very hot so turned CH temp down from Max to 4 and pressure dropped to 2 Bar, with heating cycling!
Let CH cool down pressurised CH to 1 Bar using filling loop and ran system again!
This time pressure rose from 1 Bar to 2 Bar and when switched off and cooled, dropped to 1 Bar and stayed there!
Problem seemed to be solved, but all I did was turn CH temp from MAX to 4 so boiler not getting to 3 Bar!
Radiators still v warm so a bit confused!!!!!!!

Any ideas?????

Before you start taking boiler off wall etc...... I would call someone who knows what they are doing.
Unless the EV is burst this is a 30 min job at most.

Before you start taking boiler off wall etc...... I would call someone who knows what they are doing.
Unless the EV is burst this is a 30 min job at most.
you have probs confused the op further with this reply,to the op is there a reason why your attempting this repair your self.

Hi, thanks for reply.
Cost and the unknown mostly!
You hear so many stories about rougue tradesmen and acording to the manual its a simple drain boiler, disconnect and replace!
No messing with changing any fittings so no possible chance of leaks and definately not touching gas side of boiler!

I know the very small number of rogues gives the rest of you heros a bad name but in my world of electronics repairs, knowledge is king!

So if practical Im going to change it myself, if not then I need as much information as possible to get a decent job at a decent price!

Again thanks for your input.

Hi, thanks for reply.
Cost and the unknown mostly!
You hear so many stories about rougue tradesmen and acording to the manual its a simple drain boiler, disconnect and replace!
No messing with changing any fittings so no possible chance of leaks and definately not touching gas side of boiler!

I know the very small number of rogues gives the rest of you heros a bad name but in my world of electronics repairs, knowledge is king!

So if practical Im going to change it myself, if not then I need as much information as possible to get a decent job at a decent price!

Again thanks for your input.

you're right about knowledge is king............thats why you have to have a competent person touch gas related work. which includes changing boiler parts.

Hi all usual symptoms;

Any ideas?????

You're not using the correct method of re-charging your vessel sadssandiford! Rather than put yourself and others in potential danger why not phone a pro and ask them how much they'd charge? Alternatively you could fit an external vessel on the heating system. That way you'll not potentially harm anyone IMHO :)

turn off both f and r valves on boiler, drain boiler and leave drain valve of prv open, pump expansion vessell until all water stops from drain valve and pressurise to 1bar. shut off drain valve, refill boiler and vent to around 1.5 bar. should be ok...

turn off both f and r valves on boiler, drain boiler and leave drain valve of prv open, pump expansion vessell until all water stops from drain valve and pressurise to 1bar. shut off drain valve, refill boiler and vent to around 1.5 bar. should be ok...
Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 24i Greenstar Junior Presuure Vessel Problems ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock