Discuss worcester bosch combi 28i junior. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highlands

hi, today I fixed a worcester bosch combi 28i junior. There was a problem with the pressure fixed by fitting an external pressure vessel and it has sorted the pressure which stays at 1.5.

Today, however, the heating goes on fine but when it reaches the temp set by the thermostat on the boiler lots of clicking can be heard and the red light above heating temperature dial (not the warning light) flashes on and off in time with clicking. After ten minutes or so of this the boiler cuts out and the warning light starts flashing.

The hot water seems to work fine, especially when the heating is off and the boiler cold. And the boiler comes on with the time when cold.

Any thoughts to what is wrong now??

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the PCB had on simla a few weeks ago, the clicking is a relay on the board

sounds like the PCB had on simla a few weeks ago, the clicking is a relay on the board

i agree, well known fault on these boards. majourity of the time they dont switch on so a good knock gets them working but they soon get stuck closed again!!

i agree, well known fault on these boards. majourity of the time they dont switch on so a good knock gets them working but they soon get stuck closed again!!

Cheers for that. So a new PCB board? Is it worth it on a boiler that is 7 yrs old, has never been serviced apparently, and just had the pressure vessel fitted? Or recommend a new boiler??

Thanks

Cheers for that. So a new PCB board? Is it worth it on a boiler that is 7 yrs old, has never been serviced apparently, and just had the pressure vessel fitted? Or recommend a new boiler??

Thanks
its cheaper than a new boiler but its a worcester something will probably leak on it in the near future

Yeah, i noticed a few black marks inside from a probable leak.

its cheaper than a new boiler but its a worcester something will probably leak on it in the near future

I actually fitted a new thermostat as the boiler was only cutting out when it reached temperature. still got the same problem. guess it def is the PCB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosch combi 28i junior. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, I have a Bosch 35CDi, and today found all the lights flashing on the front. Normally I can reset the boiler, but this did not work. There...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
My Worcester Bosch boiler works for the central heating system but doesn’t turn on for hot water. On the boiler the chimney sweeper icon is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock