Discuss worcester greenstar 24i combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Worcester greenstar 24i combi boiler that has stopped working. Occupant was away overnight and left it set to minimum heating. They have just come home to find no heating and definately no hot water. No warning lights on the front panel to indicate a problem. The pressure level reads ZERO bar. They have intially tried filling the system but the water was going in but with no increase in pressure. they quickly stopped filling just in case there is a leak somewhere (they can not see or hear one)

When the filling loop is opended there is what they describe as a sucking type sound, a bit like the noise you would get if you are milking a cow.

The sucking sound, could this be the pump ?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
the pump will not be running if there is no pressure! it can only be a leak or the pressure relief valve has stuck open? is there any pipework below floor boards downstairs? maybe a pipe has froze and popped

Thankyou for the responses so far.

Working on the domestic hot water side (filling loop for central heating side now closed), with the hot water tap open the boiler is attempting to fire but just isnt catching.

wont fire, if zero pressure on c/h side. in effect meaning no water in boiler primary. needs water in it to work, and if it is trying to fire with no water in primary then there is a more serious fault elsewhere

it should not even be attempting to fire as the pressure switch will not be making, this is the first stage of ignition. I think you need a professional opinion mate

what they describe as a sucking type sound, a bit like the noise you would get if you are milking a cow.

:)

Sure they were not pasteurizing it instead of pressurising it :p

as said sounds like a leak but when did they last check the pressure maybe it has been low for a while,electrically isolate the boiler to prevent any damage and call a milk maid,sorry heating engineer in :)

I have had two 28i juniors with faulty water pressure switches the boiler fan runs ignition trys to ignite then the boiler locks out this would do the same on low pressure i nearly fitted a board until i linked the water pressure switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester greenstar 24i combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock