Discuss Worcester greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Was having a look at a Greenstar 28i junior, customer called with no heating or hot water.

I found the red silicon tube was split so repaired that, the boiler still went into lockout (flashing reset and slow flashing blue light - mostly off), the ignition light never comes on, manual says ignition failure.

I checked the gas valve and both solenoids had 35v and the resistances were 177ohm and 393 ohm both within spec.

I didn't have time to check any further and will be going back tomorrow, as it is not a boiler I am very familiar with I thought I would ask here first.

It is a vertical flue which is clear and I cleaned the condense trap.

Last edited:
reset boiler, put u gauge on gas valve, take a note of standing pressure, turn gas off below boiler, turn tap or heating on/ create demand

if you hear clicking as boiler tries to light but u gauge doesnt drop youre looking at gas valve

Did the fan run?

Ignition electrodes are usually ok but the flame detention electrode burns away so doesn't sense flame. Did it sound like it actually fired? Check electrodes but be warned a new seal will be needed. Check inlet pressure on gas too.

Gas valve was ok, the boiler would light for a few seconds and go out then relight until lockout. I now believe it is caused by the ionisation probe but the boiler is in a tiny cupboard, I struggled to get the case off and on and you cant get a ladder near the boiler which is very high, so replacing the probe will be very difficult. I passed on this one as access was a nightmare.

Last edited:
Does sound like flame sense electrode worn away... Sounds like a fun job for someone lol! Did you get a pic? Not too bad to change but not the best boiler install to be trying it on if you haven't stripped one down before lol!

Just found out that another engineer was called and they sold her a new boiler instead of repairing it.

No ****ing way. Could well of been a new fan would of resolved. It's been known for worcester fan rpms to decline and them not be able to run resulting in ignition lock out.

Just found out that another engineer was called and they sold her a new boiler instead of repairing it.

how old was the boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, i was wondering if somebody could give me some advice..... I was called out to a boiler breakdown the other day. Worcester 15Ri. When i...
Replies
Views
Guys help needed..... greenstar 28i junior...... I can hear it spark but burners don’t come on, then goes to ignition lockout....inlet pressure...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone, I woke up to find the radiators unusually hot. Went to check the Worcester 30Si and the blue light was on even though no...
Replies
Views
Hey Folks. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Mk4 system boiler that is locked out. The boiler was working correctly, then the gas supply was...
Replies
Views
We have two issues. I suspect that they are not actually problems – the heating work fine. Worcester Greenstar CDi. Installed in unheated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock