Discuss Worcester Junior vertical flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having deep deep deep discussions with an architect about flues from a new boiler. He wishes to take the flue up thru' the attic and out through a ridge vent. I prefer it to go out the wall of the kitchen.
Q: Can a Junior 28 flue be terminated via a ridge vent. My belief was that it couldnt as its fan assisted and not open flued.

Many thanks.

Martin

If they do a purpose made vent for the boiler then yes. Not sure about wb, but gw and vaillant do one

Not seen anything in the junior instructions, have just fitted 2nd this week, tell him to provide the instructions and you will gladly follow them,

I'd also check the maximum flue length, pretty short on Juniors.

Im having deep deep deep discussions with an architect about flues from a new boiler. He wishes to take the flue up thru' the attic and out through a ridge vent. I prefer it to go out the wall of the kitchen.
Q: Can a Junior 28 flue be terminated via a ridge vent. My belief was that it couldnt as its fan assisted and not open flued.

Many thanks.

Martin

Via ridge 100% NO! You can upgrade to the 5" flue for longer vertical
Runs, don't guess the price it is a lot more expensive than the standard 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Junior vertical flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have had a bit of a nightmare on a WB boiler installation. Basically, it failed on Gas Safe inspection on 3 points. Installer came...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, Have had new system installation done 2 years ago and all has been well until now. Vaillant Ecotec plus 637, sealed system, pressurised...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock