Discuss Working Self Employed & Tax etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emanresu007

Hello,

I am interested to know the details about starting a business regarding tax etc.

Say its the start of the tax year and my business, I havent registered it yet, but have recieved £6000 in orders, paid into my own bank account, at what point do i need to be register my business in order to claim expenses?

can i claim expenses if im not VAT registered? are expenses just the VAT back.. is that right?

i have been on the tax site but it doesnt really summerise the process in real language.

HMRC monitor all forums and phone calls , you know tax man never sleeps pal he is always looking over your shoulder !

go and speak to your accountant , he'll help you :)

i dont have an accountant, because i havent set up the business yet, besides they cost about £50. im gonig to watch this link, and if its any good i will understand everything to do with the subject and ill have no further questions, looks quite good so far...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working Self Employed & Tax etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock