Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worst condensation I've ever seen. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
A flat (which they kept very warm - Indian couple - prob can't take English weather) where all of the cold pipework in the airing cupboard was literally soaking. Dry it up and 5 mins later it's dripping onto the floor. I lagged it all and gave the tank a jacket and a lid with jacket but that's unlikely to cure it given how bad it is. Told them they need air to get into the cupboard, maybe change door for one with blind slots on it. Didn't know what else to suggest. Thoughts?

open a window?...well, seriously, where's all this moisture in the air coming from? begs the question whether they could do with better kitchen/bathroom extract? all that moisture would surely play havoc with windows too - would cause sills to rot ahead of time etc.

Are they routinely drying loads of washing on radiators and as benny says is there decent kitchen / bathroom extract?

The only decent way to cope with excessive condensation is ventilation. Either direct to the outside, admitting fresh air in or much better (although more expensively) using an MVHR unit which contains a heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst condensation I've ever seen. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock