Search the forum,

Discuss Worst rad valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted these along with a column rad - the most hideous valves I've ever seen!!!

f4070d51119158f6e94c7fa390db7e08.jpg

i see what your'e saying lol. It would probably look different piped in iron, though. make it look more authentic?

£60 for that and the lockshield - nuts

Mental! Never have seen anything as bad. Looks like an old fashioned geared hand drill, or an old tin opener

Mental! Never have seen anything as bad. Looks like an old fashioned geared hand drill, or an old tin opener

My dad used to use those old fashioned hand drills lol

Surely that won't turn to cold what a weird design?

I don't get the hatred for these valves, on a column style rad they will look much better than a conventional trv and lockshield. It makes a feature of the radiator, I am a fan!

I don't get the hatred for these valves, on a column style rad they will look much better than a conventional trv and lockshield. It makes a feature of the radiator, I am a fan!

Granted, standard valves would look poooh but mate, c'mon.. these are a little tacky.. half expected delboy to walk in lol

I like them - they would look really nice in the right setting - exposed brick, beams, copper ornaments, or a steampunk kind of look.

Makes a change from all the same-old same-old bland stuff you see day in day out - but I agree, would look a lot nicer if they were a bit aged and tarnished...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst rad valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was ok until I've spotted a v small leak (like 1 drip per hour) between the valve nut and extension piece. So I suspect I just need more PTFE + compound...
Replies
Views
F
Does adaptor exist? Hi, looking to move a rad, the original valves will be hidden behind a bath, so I was wanting to leave original valves in place so no need to drain down, connect a run of 15mm pipe connecting to its new position. What size connector would fit on old rad valves that would...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock