Search the forum,

Discuss Worth getting a combi / boiler upgrade in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My current boiler is 20 years old , works fine however I’d like to simplify the heating system in house as have tanks in loft , pumps and hot water tank in on suite.

I have had some quotes for a powerful combi which should be fine. I am in to minds if I should upgrade though as gas boilers sound like they are going to be phased out in coming years. Am I better off waiting a few more years and see what technology/ options are available then ?

alternative heating hot water with renewables is pretty expensive. eg daikin hybrid system using combi boiler and heat pump is somewhere in the £6000 bracket plus installation, most of the better brands are looking at hydrogen as alternative it will either be a mix or full hydrogen some are already capable. a full air source heat pump system will cost well in excess of £10000 so unless you are youngish and intent on staying in present property for a long long time, you will not see any monetary benefit.

The new Viessmanns are hydrogen (mix) ready.

Normally I'd say it's working fine leave well alone until you have to but with gas costs set to rise quite dramatically the efficiency difference may prove to be decisive.
The government cannot even foresee, anticipate and plan the delivery of road vehicle fuel, god help us if and when they decide to permanently make the change to heat our homes differently so I wouldn't make the jump to new tech yet.

Reply to Worth getting a combi / boiler upgrade in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock