Discuss would you buy a boiler from.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

an internet company who wont provide you with a phone number? i did some digging and found a mobile number registered to this company and there was no answer. they have 3 different web sites , boilers , showers and solar heating and none of these sites provide a tel number in the contact use section , they have also changed their name one or twice in the past.

or am i just overly paranoid?:)

god no - local suppliers only for me - and i dont trust them half the time haha

Well a lot of these sites are just one man bands, sitting at home and stuff delivered to you via main whole seller and they get their small commission as middle man(or woman), they will operate by e mail, as do not have man power to sit on phone, even if you find sites with tel numbers, what does that mean ?,probably get an answer phone, many discourage the use of them, as too man power intensive
I would not buy a boiler from the internet as the profit mark up is not that great and for the sake of a few quid, would rather get from a local supplier
However other things I get from the internet,I do not look for tel numbers, I just pay by pay pal or a major credit card and I am covered, if I do not receive goods
The days of using a phone line as a credit ref or that it points to a stable business have long gone

computer.gif

imho

nope neither would i. :)
bought it from plumbnation instead , very helpfull on the phone , got me an lpg kit cheaper than most ive seen even though they didn't stock it in the first place plus a filling loop kit , all this was still cheaper than just the boiler on most other sites ive seen. it really does pay to shop around eh? happy bunny.
Puddle have you ever tried to claim off paypal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Puddle have you ever tried to claim off paypal?

Yes, I have and have had no problem, as long as you stick to the rules, if you do not, claim late ect, you will get no were

Pay pal is for buyers not sellers

I would never sell anything with someone paying by pay pal as it is too easy to get ripped off, that is why so many traders have left flee bay now or will not accept it
And funny enough the ones that do except pay pal try to get you to pay by card direct, have been on a few sites were you try to pay by pay pal and it freezes, then try to pay by card ,straight through
Pay pal mostly always sides with the buyer most of the time and their charges put together with flee bays are very high
mona-lisa-167.gif
imho

i remember selling through e bay , i sent the goods and the buyer claimed they never turned up , pay pal took the payment out of my account and gave it back to the buyer. a day or so later the goods turned up and the buyer told pay pal he had received them , i never got my money back. pay pal told me it was up to the buyer to pay me again , which he didn't.
needless to say ive never used them again. They do side with the buyer but in fairness they shouldn't really take sides at all.

give me the web page and i will get the phone number if you are going to deal with them.
i av vays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to would you buy a boiler from.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back