Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Would you fit something like this to tiled non solid wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean a stud wall?

I've fitted then to plasterboard stud walls in the past without a problem. Where I get chance I'll add a stud or timber behind to screw into but have done it without. Remember the silicone will help to bond to the tiles and the weight will be partially supported by the bath for the majority of the time.

I've done it before. Not keen on it as I would rather have a stud to fix to.

As said the design of it will mean most of the weight will be taken by the bath on the first section that doesn't move the screws will mainly hold it upright.

Prefer timber behind, but if not I wouldnt be too concerned. Its not pivoting on the wall.

Thanks chaps. That's what I thought but I can count number of shower screens I've installed on 3 fingers so good to get the nod from those in the know.

While I've got you, presumably a one man job? I did an enclosure once that I was damn glad I had a second pair of hands but this looks less of an issue.

Usually there's a Chanel that screws to the wall and then you fit the glass to that easy'r with two but not difficult for one man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you fit something like this to tiled non solid wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock