Discuss yellow water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jacter

Hi we've recently had installed an open vented stainless steel cylinder and now our water is coming out a yellowish colour. Any suggestions as to why??

who fitted the new cylinder? they may have crossed a pipe somewhere and you have radiator water in the cylinder.

hi its a fairly old system so there could be some old steel or iron pipe but before the new cylinder was fitted we never experienced this problem

maybe pipes were disturbed while fitting the new cylinder causing the yellow/rusty water

Would you suggest we just run the water through the system and see if it clear's and would this just be the hot water??

get a small amount of water out of the loft tank and see if that is off coloured or clear. if clear just run the hot through until running clear. if the loft tank is tainted as well, tie up ball valve or isolate feed and drain out then clean thoroughly. before refilling, run some water from the ball valve into a clean bucket to check the mains isn't polluted. if it is fine refill the tank and keep an eye out for coloured water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to yellow water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock