Discuss Your accountant... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is everyone happy with there accountant? I always feel mine is not really doing much for me, every year I have to chase him to get my books completed (took him 3 months) & as a self employed, sole trader non vat registered he put my bill up to 490inc vat last year! I do all my paperwork & books, receipts etc he just checks it over & tells me the figures!

I thought accountants were supposed to be getting me rebates every year lol, or telling me to buy a new van & save x amount... I get no advice, is this normal or should I look for a different accountant?

mine was £350 inc vat do the same as you. if you want advice you have to ask and then you'll be billed per minute for any he gives or investigates, its simple. However I throw my books in on a monday, get the paperwork back on the Friday and the bill the following week, as mine is efficient and likes to be paid in the same way I do :)

Just bear in mind though at my last school where I was the Bursar, I saw the accountants 3 times a year and at year end they sent in an audit team for the week to prove the accounts etc, total bill in 2002 was some £12k, so we are getting a reasonable deal :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the opposite. My accountant chases me. Lol. I've mates in the trade who's accountant costs them loads but I chose mine because he's the kind of guy you can sit down and have a proper bull$hit with . Not a yes sir no sir. .... its the yes sir no sirs that cost you... lol

My old accountant had one of those stopwatch clocks, like we has a school. When you stepped into his office, he would start it!
Bloody charged by the minute.
now pay a bookkeeper £50 a month, she collates everything into accounting programme. Does the vat return. Then a chartered accountant does the return for £400 inc. vat at the year end.

My bessy mate does mine and charges a load more than some of you guys, mind you he has about 30 /35 employees and only really does big business.
Him and his missis , Me and herin doors went on holiday to his apartment in Majorca back in September, so that will do me

My old accountant had one of those stopwatch clocks, like we has a school. When you stepped into his office, he would start it!
Bloody charged by the minute./QUOTE]

I thought everyone did that, my clock runs fast as well :):)

I put all my details online with hmrc, flapped about getting it wrong and being in trouble so went to accountants recommended by the boss and ended up with pretty much what the hmrc site showed. Will be doing it online when the time comes and save myself £350.

Mine charges £180. I Just give him the box file with everything in and he does the rest. I dont sort anything out. He would charge more if I was vat registered.

Mines is a robbing bas t ard. I don't mind paying anyone for the work they do but for £600 plus vat (up a 100 this year) he has had his last from me.
All my stuff is done on sage. I email him a copy and he fills out my tax return. 2-3hrs max (probably an hour) of his time. Never seen the cant for about 3 years when he picked up a cheque.
Better paid than me lol

If your doing your own book keeping then it's pointless paying for somebody to do the final bit, that's the easy bit tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your accountant... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock