Discuss 10yr old Basin mixer tap doesn't take 10mm or 12mm !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPB

I'm just changing connections from cold/hot water feeds to Grohe 10yr old basin mixer tap and wish I had never started. The reason I wanted to change to flex hose was that the current connections had no service valve and also to get some practice in! Had both 10mm and 12mm flex hose + service valves to hand. Unfortunately the mixer tap connections in the 10yr old Grohe does not appear to take either a 10mm or 12mm screw thread. It looked like a copper push fit holding the hot/cold feed into mixer tap - I can see a thread but it's probably 11mm?! In getting the cold/hot pipe connections out (not screw thread!) I damaged the pipes, so can only think I will have to get a new mixer tap. The single hole in basin is 35mm. Do all modern mixer taps for single 35mm hole take either a 10mm or 12mm flex hose screw thread connection....please say yes!?

firstly they are not 10 or 12 mm they are 1/4 or 3/8 bsp and yes most modern mixers will fit and come with there own tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10yr old Basin mixer tap doesn't take 10mm or 12mm !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock