Discuss 14 ensuite rooms, 3 x 300 litre unvented cylinder's, BOILERS ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hickings

hi, I have been asked to finish a guest house which has 14 unsuite shower rooms. the old builders and plumbers have been kicked off for being too slow. the owner just wants it all finished now.
there is a 28mm hot feed, 22mm secondary return and a 22mm cold all already go to each room which I have pressure tested already. the incoming mans is a 50mm feed.
there will be just four radiators in communal areas.
all rooms will have air conditioning for heating/cooling.
they want 3x300 unvented cylinders which I will have no problem linking up.

PROBLEM
they want 2x 24kw Worcester Greenstar 24i System Boiler, with a low loss header.
i understand the owner wants two boilers linked together one for back up.

my issue is i think they are over kill for 3 cylinders and 4 rads

is there a better way to link the two boilers without using a low loss header and without multiply pumps as there is not much heat output needed. its not a cost thing.
i just wanted to here anyone else's suggestions?

If they want it and are willing to pay, whats the problem?

what are the cylinders?

if they were oso super series each one would pack a 24kw coil!!

14 bathrooms will deplete the cylinders in no time, so you ideally want the full KW allowance to aid fast recovery.

28mm deff doesn't sound big enough, and I'd be looking at Andrews type water heaters for such a large demand, 14 guests all getting up in the morning at roughly the same time put some load on the system.

I agree 28mm don't seem enough for me i am optimistic, I would of preferred to re design the whole layout but with plastered walls and already spending ÂŁ350,000 on old builders he wants to make this work.
I was going to fit 3 x megaflo,
thanks for the reply, I suppose it would worth doing just for the fast recovery.

2 x 24kW won't equal quick recovery on 3 x 300l Megaflows IIRC the coils can absorb 20+kW each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 14 ensuite rooms, 3 x 300 litre unvented cylinder's, BOILERS ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock