Discuss £25 for llgsc, 2 appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

Mate approached a letting agent and wanted extra work and said the immortal line "I will better any price that your currently paying..."

The answer is in the title, his jaw dropped, I phone in free fall, weak at the knees and a dicky tummy followed

the back story to this is the guy who's doing the above price owns a fast track gas training centre and turns up mob handed with his trainees to do each llgsc

double bubble for some....

Be amusing when u find 1000 defects. So is he registered business with insurances then? Our training place pays to do work that needs to be signed off!

He didn't get that far mate. I haven't been in the industry long enough to compare what it was like 20 years ago but it just seems that now it's popular and can be a fast track career to easy riches!

When I worked for the council, a few years ago now, it was 10 pound per property. Some had back boilers and a couple of other appliances. That was the standard rate across most firms using subcontractors. Many letting agents around here want Landlord certs for about 30 quid.....and they DON'T like defects !!

I know a few lads that have lost work through letting agents because they were identifying defects, can't have that as it costs their landlords/customers money. Next rgi please...
One guy lost the contract only to get it back after 2 months as the cheaper firm were id too many boilers and quoting for new ones.
Many ways to skin a cat...!

A girl at a letting agency I used to do a bit of work for was a nightmare always complaining at me for finding faults but always asked for me to go to breakdowns,

she left that letting agency and went on to another we got asked to start doing the llgsc for them so I got sent out on the first few 2x AR and 1x ID out of 5 she soon stopped us doing them, but she thought she could still use us for breakdowns, when I went and AR a boiler I was repairing she tried to tell me that I couldn't do that as she had a valid llgsc and that I was wrong.

I told her I am the last person to touch the appliance I have to carry out checks if it fails it fails.

They stopped using us all together shortly afterwards lol.

Shame. Best way they what you to bend over. If you bend over smile as your doing it.

makes me laugh how they try and sell themselves, 'do this really cheap for us and we've got plenty more work for you.' great so you offering me a rubbish deal with the insentive that there will be lots more rubbish poorly paid jobs after
and if youre not sold on the idea see how long our payment terms are

i cant understand how they get anyone to work for them, a landlords should cost £90 each going up to £110 in winter, anything less and youre robbing yourself

Another reason I've made the transition away from domestic and being self destroyed. There was a full scale punch up in plumb centre about a month ago. One bloke had an agency at £60 a go he lost it to someone doing it for £45 who then lost it to someone doing it for £30. One day all 3 blokes were in at the same time £45 started shouting at £30 calling him all the names under the sun at which point £60 burst out laughing pointing out that he wasn't exactly in a position to be claiming moral high ground. 20 minutes of hilarity ensued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £25 for llgsc, 2 appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock