Discuss 3 hole basin tap shroud. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,
I've been asked to repair a tap. It's part of a three hole basin tap.
The tap handle comes off nice and easily but I cannot access the tap body nut because of a very tight fitting shroud that prevents any box spanner fitting onto it.
I have tried to ease the shroud off but it is fixed solidly.
The back nut under the tap is nicely hidden, very thin and I can't get to it because the elbow that connects to the spout hinders any access.
Is there a propriety tool or do I have to strip the whole tap out part by part?
To make things even more interesting both the hot and cold cwsc gate valves seized shut
:disappointed:.
So, I'm not too impressed!
Any help is appreciated,
TerryH

11-480127EC-54369-800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 hole basin tap shroud. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Please can you help. I’m trying to replace the cartridge on our monobloc kitchen mixer tap. I’ve found the secret hexnut and removed the handle...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking to replace taps on a cast iron bath, accessing them is near impossible (i even had to remove toilet). The taps are old lifter type...
Replies
Views
Hi, recently moved into new house, (the house is four years old), the bath has very low hot water temperature, I'm assuming its an anti scald...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock