Search the forum,

Discuss 3 month old grant job, what a mess. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Right guys n gals,
Went to carry out a yearly gas safety check today at one of my long term landlords properties. Since a year ago he's been lucky to have a free boiler on the current ' whatever it's called' now scheme, the flue is perfect horizontal across the top of the units and goes to up and beyond. Yes its has been sort of adequately supported ( plasterboard fixings pulling out of wall).....

BUT

every clamp on each section is leaking condensate on top of boiler, if you look at pic 3 you can see the black staining on the upper cornice corner from moisture ingress. I stripped the entire flue and found 2x seals push out from hacksaw cut rough square edges on the inner flue.

WTF

What is wrong with people today!! and not lets get into the debate of ' contractors' on poor rates etc etc.

Ive spent some of my previous years contracting, banging in full heats and boiler upgrades in a day...ahem with a small team, but they were done excellently with aplomb. This boiler change was a combi swap, carried out by two blokes in a day!!! I use to do the same by myself in a day, but i would've had the minimum fall and chamfered and greased the flue prior to fitting.

Could i riddored the swines?

in other news pope is catholic....

Whilst i'm sure some of these jobs are done to a good standard, they must be in a minority.

How many metres is that flue???

Its seems the max flue length is 8m for the pro28, adding 1m for 90 degree elbow and 0.5m for each 45 degree. So the total flue length for that flue system is 7.7m, so just under.

Looks a lot over the maximum flue length, including 90 off boiler, additional 90 & 2x45... Defs not enough fall, hence water pooling in flue & leaking through seals!

The landlord is going to replace the flue for a vertical, which could've been installed in the first place ( there's a shallow pitched roof above) also notice the 3/4 mm overflow from condensate pump running alongside the flue. ( there's a gulley behind external wall, which wall is mounted)

They obviously don't like vertical flue kits or taking tiles off lol! Nice few spare flue extensions for you :p

RIDDOR 11(2) is a blunt instrument. Expect HSE to inspect all Landlord's properties.
Ensure nothing you have done, or omitted to do, could be criticised. You would certainly lose a long term client.
Would it not better serve the interest of all parties, including his tenants, that he retains your services.
Give him a written report, and only if he responds in a hostile or dismissive manner would I proceed with a referral. You have 14 days.

RIDDOR 11(2) is a blunt instrument. Expect HSE to inspect all Landlord's properties.
Ensure nothing you have done, or omitted to do, could be criticised. You would certainly lose a long term client.
Would it not better serve the interest of all parties, including his tenants, that he retains your services.
Give him a written report, and only if he responds in a hostile or dismissive manner would I proceed with a referral. You have 14 days.

you miss the point of riddor, its to prevent idiots repeating this style of work again. Not to screw the landlord.

Looks a lot over the maximum flue length, including 90 off boiler, additional 90 & 2x45... Defs not enough fall, hence water pooling in flue & leaking through seals!
i dont think you have to allow for the 90 on the boiler thats counted as part of the boiler im sure the measurements are from the outlet of that bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 month old grant job, what a mess. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock