Search the forum,

Discuss 3 showers at same time? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WPB

I have a 5 bed house with a 5 yr old Baxi Combi 105e boiler that feeds the radiators and hot water.
Main bathroom has a Mira Sport Max Electric shower - no problem
Two en-suites have Aqualisa Quartz showers fed from the boiler.
What do I need to do in order that any one can use the showers at the same time and have hot water.
I have had so many different answers.
Water board have checked supply and we have a flow rate of 14ltr per min and 2.5 Bar Pressure to the house. A new mains pipe was laid to house 5 yrs ago when extension was built.

If you are struggling for enough hot water at the moment, the simplest and cheapest thing to try first is to put flow restrictors in the hot and cold supplies to the mixers fed off the boilers. THese are little plastic things which go in the pipework and reduce the flow rates.

I presume you already have PRVs fitted to hot and cold feeds to the 2 showers fed from the combi?

My knowledge is limited. The Aqualisa's have a processing box up in the loft space above?

You boiler will only give 12.7 litres/min at 35 degree rise. You could try restrictors but you are always going to struggle with multiple draw offs and a combi.
Unvented cylinder

Toddyplumb is right change to unvented
A combi is for a flat not a house

In my opinion combis can't produce enough hot water for multiple draw off points not enough volume

Hi. Try shower rose with finer holes. You will still shower but use less water.

worst case scenario if you must run 2 showers at once, replace one for anther electric or add an unvented cylinder to be heated off combi primaries and leave kitchen and one bathroom on the cobi hw supply and then repipe other bathrooms to the unvented cylinder, then happy all round, need an s/y plan set up andsome changes to combi programmer/wiring for it to work ok

Once again, Oldplumber is spot on. I have done exactly what he suggests. It works a treat.

As in run an unvented, heated from the primary side.

It was years ago, and my father wired it up, not me. They were seriously chuffed with the result.

oops heads to big to get out the door now, im not that good, just use common sense when im awake, which is as little as possible

I am grateful for help so far. I have called 5 plumbers, 2 never even came back to me, 1 looked and said I needed a tank(think it had another name) commanly used on the continent that has a diaphram that pushes the pressure up but never came back to me despite 2 calls, one has said a cold water tank & immersion and last one said too reduce the water coming into the Aqulisa processors by turning the valves on the cold and hot inlets a little. This last one suggestion seems to work when you turn both Aqualisa's on they produce a flow of hot water. Excuse my ignorance but is this what you are meaing by the prv's. I have sought professional plumbers and been utterly bamboozled by the array of different answers and just trying to understand.
Will reducing the water into the Aqualisa's be a problem?
I am grateful for your advise guy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 showers at same time? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock