Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way valve replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise.

In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will the water from the tank be a small amount? Are we talking just drips or will it be the conents of the top half of the tank?

Appreciate any advice, thanks Paul

Attachments

• plumbEdit.jpg
    plumbEdit.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11

Reply to 3 way valve replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
D
So my hot water tank is barely 3 years old and a recent service check tells me the tempering valve is on the way out It's a Hydroboss brand from Tradelink and I'm keen not to replace crap with crap So what are the best brands of valves on the market ? The plumber recommended AVG
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock