Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have said that,despite a lot of people thinking otherwise, water is not actually a very good conductor.

Should have gotten a photo of the unvented i went too, customer complained of steam coming from the taps. it had no prv, capped temp temp relief valve, no pressure reducer, no 2 port on interlink, no expansion vessel and oh yeah!! Being run off a wood stove.....the reason i didnt get photos because i was out the door, in the car and 32 miles away before the kettle boiled....

no i opened all hot taps and put the fire out.

Builder was never heard of.

That's the main earth bond so it means the rest of the system is not bonded. All that does is earth just the stop tap and is actually more dangerous than not bonding at all. They have turned an isolated metal fitting into a route to earth. The rest of the plumbing in the property is copper or galvanised iron. Should there be a short to the pipework and someone touched the sink and that tap they would have completed the path to earth.

Gotcha, bondings a bit of a mine field. seems every spark has a different opinion. the fact all new sevices are plastic doesnt help though because the earth leakage has to go to ground which is like you say through a poor water conducter and in the case of gas meter bonding to nowhere exept back up to a hopefully bonded pipe.. unless pme is involved of coarse.

Last edited by a moderator:
have a look at this beauty who can figure out what went wrong and why, the cylinder was attached to the pipework
20130507_203754.jpg20130507_203804.jpg

yes thats one, check out where the mains feed for the cwst connects to :whatchutalkingabout

yes thats one, check out where the mains feed for the cwst connects to :whatchutalkingabout

Oh dear, that's a good one.

if you look there is a silver screw in the cylinder by where the immersion was, he put this in him self because it burst an then got on to the immersion which almost burnt the cupboard down, i didnt spot that it was under mains pressure straight away, then i asked him what his hot water pressure was like with the cwst being so low, it was only when he replied oh its as good as the cold that i went beck in for a second look....

I hope that wasn't put in by any "tradesman".
I really think there is too much information going around these days and people, being skint, have a google around and think they can have a go at most things as it is easy. Only a matter of time before there are fatalities which usually means more regulation for us.

It was an arabic restaurant which usually says it all, with a new owner who's only had it 2 weeks, its like a minefield with botched jobs, need to put an unvented direct cylinder in its place soon I don't think hes going to like my prices for some reason ?

Should have said that,despite a lot of people thinking otherwise, water is not actually a very good conductor.
Even that I am sure the system is earth good enough to take current away ! Copper pipe for the gas is earthed ! Estical connection to boiler is earthed ! All you need to do to realise if a system is earthed is to do a continuity test from any electrical socket in the house to boiler or any pipe work : on the electrical sockets/spite there is two screws touch one prob on the screw and the other on the copper pipe and that is the test ! One off my mates is a tester and he says even nutral is classed as earth ins way ( I don't know how but this is what told me )

IMAG0202.jpgIMAG0203.jpg from today's job thats a 8.5kw shower run off a bit of flex spurred of the heating spur, fortunately they didn't use it

finished the unvented cylinder job at 19:00in the Arabic restaurant today had to wait till 22:20 to get paid god loves a trier mate but iam not leaving untill the readies are in my hand, no i will not come back on monday

finished the unvented cylinder job at 19:00in the Arabic restaurant today had to wait till 22:20 to get paid god loves a trier mate but iam not leaving untill the readies are in my hand, no i will not come back on monday

That ol' chesnut. Can't believe how bad that old install was. We've got 65 pages of this crappy work, and I can still be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back