Discuss 440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.
A new condensate pump almost 300 squids, anything I need to clean or such, valve coming tomorrow only £1 will fit on pump discharged side to hose.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.
Thanks Nick, the nozzle replacement idea came from Bosch as the nozzle is a non-return valve or check valve and thinking is condensate running backwards. I think your suggestion makes more sense as if level gets high pump should start regardless of reason for high level! Maybe I try taking pump out and clean/descale see if float switch can start working again. Do trade people get better price for these pumps, very expensive seems? Thanks again will look for schematic of pump now.

Reply to 440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back