Discuss 6m pump only going to 4m max setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Wondering if I have a faulty pump?
On variable speed or fixed speed settings it will only go to 4m.
If I set it to max variable, 6m flashes and then goes to 4m

is it auto adjusting to a restriction ? eg getting too much back pressure so its knocking it self down ?

is it auto adjusting to a restriction ? eg getting too much back pressure so its knocking it self down ?

That was my thoughts, but on fixed speeds, at C3 max setting, it still only goes to 4m.
The system is a bit suspect of blockage and that was the reason I replaced the original pump.
I would have thought it should be 6m, regardless of any system issues.

I had no time to do anything else.
There is a bypass valve might be worth opening fully to test if pump changes

i would open it worth a test

what pump is it?

It is identical to this pump, only goes under different brand names.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-central-heating-circulating-pump-230v/45357

Reply to 6m pump only going to 4m max setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock