Search the forum,

Discuss A big thank you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I would just like to say a big thank you to the so called plumber who visited the job previous to me. Left me cutting out a load of scrap a cylinder, a negative head pump and two aqualisa pumps for spares.

This all came about after he had pumped the whole house including the processer units, capped the vent of the cylinder and put a surrey flange in with a auto air vent in the top of it causing the cylinder to bow to the point of only the rear wall off the airing cupbord stopping it falling over. Makes you wonder what ideas go through peoples heads.

It always amazes me what I find every day in peoples plumbing systems. Worst thing is if I ever tried to do something as daft/dangerous as that I'd not get away with it, not that I'd ever want to in the first place. Some jammy muppets out there get away with bloody murder.

Oh and forgot to mention she said to me the boiler keeps locking out on the over heat we then discovered on changing the three port to 2x two ports some plank had put the pump in the wrong way round, and it werent the same bloke as did the cylinder :63:

And there was so much compresion fittings it resembeled a merchants, but now my vans stocks go up quite a bit :smile:

well on his way to ÂŁ50k a year no doubt... minus ÂŁ48k in compression fittings

Got ÂŁ 106 for scrap and salvaged a surrey flange, 9 x 22mm compression elbows, 4 x couplings, 1 ballofix, 4x 28 comp coup 1x 28 comp tee 2x 15 comp 90 and four 35mm comp coup. Oh and for got to say all the pushfit in the loft had no liners in it

Sounds like a nice job. Anything you do will shine compared to the rubbish the other guy put in.

As I said on another thread, don't fear the fast track plumbers, they leave a wake of bodged work behind them.

It would be better if things went back to the old ways of a four year apprenticeship, but its not going to happen any time soon.

People should do more research before letting people loose in their homes.

The next two jobs I have to price have come from a reccomendation, and they've actually been to my last job and looked at the work we did. So they know we do quality work.

It makes me wonder where these people get there work from?

did the compression fittings threads have ptfe and plumbers mait on it ? lol

came across a bit of old black alkatheyne the other day which was connected to the main stopcock with no insert, i done a bit of alteration and didnt have any inserts so i though hmmm i wonder if i will get away with this since it has held for all these years(20-30) I did for a few days until someone disturbed it and bang it blew off lol. We had to replace it with imperial pipe as it was an imperial stock cock, turns out the mains used to be less than 1bar, now they have been increased to 3 or more bar recently

now i have learned that you can use a bit of 15mm copper for an insert if you dont have one, everyday is a school day !

Wonder plumber from the 2 month intensive school of plumbing

Way toooo obvious an answer,

How's this for an answer.

'time served plumber who spent the first 2 years making t and sweeping up, with an untrained, unqualified plumber who learnt from his dad, who learnt it from his dad and can trace his family plumbing roots back to the roman aquaduct system'

Way toooo obvious an answer,

How's this for an answer.

'time served plumber who spent the first 2 years making t and sweeping up, with an untrained, unqualified plumber who learnt from his dad, who learnt it from his dad and can trace his family plumbing roots back to the roman aquaduct system'

I learnt from my Dad. Spent my first two years sweeping up and making tea. Oh no!!

My Dad is a trained/qualified plumber though. His dad on the other hand was an alcoholic sailor. So my plumbing family tree only goes back to the late 60's. :)

I've been to college too obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A big thank you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello - I have installed a garden sump-pump. In the photo you can see that I’ve replaced the Cloakroom-sink bend that previously went to the gulley with a Tee. Water in Sump vent hose now goes past the cloakroom outlet. Predictably the pump causes gurgling as it creates a partial vacuum going...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Can I get a backboiler connected to an indirect vented hot water cylinder through the existing small bore coil which was used previously for a pumped oil boiler, ie do I have to get a new tank with a wide bore gravity feed coil (and scrap the present hot tank?) I understand the pump would have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock