Discuss A different kind of emergency plumber. This is what I do for a living! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whl4852

I'm currently at college and the other three days a week I work for these. I started out as the handyman but now I do a lot more...

Today I've been working in St Asaph and as people will know it's recently been devastated by floods. You wouldn't believe the devastation to whole housing estates.

The R----l Company has the largest fleet of machines available for use across Europe and the infrastructure to deploy teams of skilled technicians at short notice.
The R----l Drying System

This new way of drying buildings with hot air is already having a major impact on disaster recovery, in both domestic and commercial situations.
Using this revolutionary speed drying system, buildings can be dried in a matter of hours or days, rather than using traditional methods, which takes weeks or months. The whole project can be monitored and controlled remotely, via the Internet, to ensure the temperature and humidity remain at the optimum for safe, fast drying.
How does it work?

The system heats fluid to a very high temperature. This is pumped around the property in insulated hoses, which run to heat exchangers. These in turn pump large quantities of (controllable) hot air into a vented ‘chamber’ (the wet area). The cooler fluid coming from the wet area returns to the boiler to be re-heated so the process can continue. The system runs economically and independently, ensuring that the security of the property is not compromised.
The R----l Company has the largest fleet of machines available for use across Europe and the infrastructure to deploy teams of skilled technicians at short notice.

That's why I want oil boiler training, because our boiler happens to be about 2 tonne and I want to know its inner workings and all it's secrets.

Hope this is a good introduction to what I do. Not many plumbers have experienced 80 degrees of heat inside a lorry cab to kill bed bugs. No two days are the same! Hope I haven't breached anything advertising wise, that wasn't my intention. Just thought the user might be interested to know what else some of us do.

Kind regards

will

Last edited by a moderator:
hi , so why mention the company name thrice and highlight it if you are not advertising ????

Sorry I just copied and pasted it, my skills on an iPad are quite limited. Plus we only work for insurance companies, I was merely highlighting what I do day to day, but in under 15 minutes got shot down. Next time I won't mention the company. Apologies Will

seems a good pro active service you do there, yet another form of plumbing service...well, you get wet anyhow.lol

You certainly do get wet, the water was that high it blew the customers pilot light out! He was 92 and refused to leave his house, poor old bloke, just what you need befor Xmas!

Yes, they act as a shield otherwise. You can actually leave the contents in the house and dry the whole lot out. 80 degrees for two days will dry a bungalow completely. Obviously floor coverings are removed because thee ruined, and something can't be salvaged

is that the same as concrete screed then and can you re-fit laminate after a couple of days?

also is that 80celcius?

The concrete screed stays, that's fine. Unfortunately laminate floor is also scrapped, but recently we did manage to salvage a £10k Japanese oak parquet floor, we just cleaned and dried it off, looked brilliant! I've also seen a dark coloured carpet left in place, dried, cleaned and dried again. Looked amazing. Yes that's 80 degrees Celsius, a little insider tip...if you ever come across bedbugs nothing is as good as heat at eradicating them, go upto about 70 and no bed bug will live for a thousand years. Saves throwing all your money away on sprays that don't work.

Yes that's 80 degrees Celsius, a little insider tip...if you ever come across bedbugs nothing is as good as heat at eradicating them, go upto about 70 and no bed bug will live for a thousand years. Saves throwing all your money away on sprays that don't work.

dont think my microwaves big enough to get the mattress in though?
nah! if i found any i will set fire to it.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A different kind of emergency plumber. This is what I do for a living! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock