Discuss ACS exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JuliusG

Hi all,
I think this has been mentioned a few times before but. I'll be sitting my acs for the first time shortly. I'm studying mostly out of notes that have been issued by my college. I have piles of stuff to look at, so much so the my head is swimming. What I need are acs type questions to help me zero in on what I need to study more. Does anyone know of any where I can get passed paper type questions from? I don't want to have to wait for a book to come home so I'm looking for downloads. I don't mind if it's a pay for download as long as it isn't a fortune. Obviously free would be better.

Thank you in advance

Julius

Hi all,
I think this has been mentioned a few times before but. I'll be sitting my acs for the first time shortly.

Julius

mentioned before, is this not your first post? ;)

either way its best to speak to your tutor for some test papers tbh, they should be able to give you some relevant to your course.

welcome to the forum

You will not get these & even if you did they would not be of very little use to you as there are a number of exam bodies & all have regularly updated question sets all of which are open book & designed to test if you can find the answers in the gas reg's as well as your books / notes.
Just concentrate on the basics (testing, purging, ventilation (O/F appliances), pipe sizing & controls)
Take some training if you can before siting it.
Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I'm at the end of a four year apprenticeship. So I suppose if I don't know it now, probably I never will. Just panicking I suppose.

Thanks for the advice, I'm at the end of a four year apprenticeship. So I suppose if I don't know it now, probably I never will. Just panicking I suppose.
How much gas work have you been doing on site ? Thats the important thing !
BTW I have been working with gas for best part of 35 years & I still don't know it all but most of the time when I don't know something I know where to find it out, that's the trick of it JuliusG.

Relax, is my advice. Remember that ALL of the answers will be on your desk somewhere.

Hi all,
I think this has been mentioned a few times before but. I'll be sitting my acs for the first time shortly. I'm studying mostly out of notes that have been issued by my college. I have piles of stuff to look at, so much so the my head is swimming. What I need are acs type questions to help me zero in on what I need to study more. Does anyone know of any where I can get passed paper type questions from? I don't want to have to wait for a book to come home so I'm looking for downloads. I don't mind if it's a pay for download as long as it isn't a fortune. Obviously free would be better.

Thank you in advance

Julius

Send me a PM with an email address asking for the tutorials, and I will send you some questions that are written in a similar way to ACS

OR IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THEM TO HAND SEND THEM ONTO HIM

I have done a good bit of gas work in the past, but unfortunately much of it is in the past (a year of more). I more often work on oil systems at work (taking my oftec right after my acs). I'm confident I know most of it, but there is always the worry that there might be a gaping hole in my experience/knowledge. The college that has trained my through my apprenticeship is one of the best out there. OUr head of department more or less know the gas safety installation and use regs by heart. Theory wise we have covered no end of stuff, but again it was some time ago. I'm trawling through notes, the questions would be handy in pointing out anything I have missed in studying. If anyone else has acs type questions I'd be interested. Kirkgas hasn't replied yet and my acs in next week!

keep calm. you will be fine everyone is always scared!! even re-sitters. good luck and read the questions answer what you know and go back to the ones you dont then spend the rest of the time looking up what you are struggling with.

mentioned before, is this not your first post? ;)

either way its best to speak to your tutor for some test papers tbh, they should be able to give you some relevant to your course.

welcome to the forum

Yeah I was meaning old forum posts in the past from other people. while I was looking for acs papers online this forum kept coming up with old forums about it. It was one of the reasons I joined :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock