Search the forum,

Discuss Adding additional radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I've got a Worcester Bosch combi boiler in the far corner of my attached garage, pipe run approx 4 metres through garage loft and into the house and start of radiator circuit, I would like to put a radiator in the garage near the boiler, my question is can I just T off the heating pipes near the boiler and just add a rad ? I'm sure i read somewhere that putting a rad in so near boiler and so far from the house rads will affect the circuit ? any advice would be much appreciated.

As long as it's sized and piped correctly and the system is balanced it shouldn't be a problem

Yes you can tee into the main heating flow and return pipework for the radiator.

As in a normal garage, not been converted to a bedroom? Why bother with the heat your going to loose it doesn`t make sense.

As in a normal garage, not been converted to a bedroom? Why bother with the heat your going to loose it doesn`t make sense.
It's been fully converted, using it as a workshop, just wanting to replace the electric radiator that's in there.

Has your system got any zones controlled by wall stats?
That could override the heating side if the indoors stat(s) temperature is satisfied and prevent the garage rad heating at times
Other than that, it is okay to have the radiator, but the garage will be a massive heat loss unless it is well insulated into a room.
The balance of the system could be badly affected by adding the radiator if the rad was left full flow

Hmm... I think you'll be disappointed. People use radiant heaters in workshops because the radiation can be selectively aimed at the people in the work area, which uses a lot less power than trying to heat the whole space. The losses from from a garage / workshop are normally huge because they are rarely insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding additional radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock