Search the forum,

Discuss Adding dish washer to kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Yates

Hello,

First time on thus forum. Basically I'm thinking about getting a dish washer in my kitchen. I'll be sharing the same water supply the washing machine uses and the drain will be going into the sink drain somehow. I'm away from home so can't take and photos, I'm just wondering what y piece will I need to buy to split the cold water supply. I'll upload some photos this weekend when I'm back home. Sorry it's a very vague question.

Thanks in advance.

I will check and see what mine needed, but she has just gone to bed, so answers in the morning :)

Hello,

First time on thus forum. Basically I'm thinking about getting a dish washer in my kitchen. I'll be sharing the same water supply the washing machine uses and the drain will be going into the sink drain somehow. I'm away from home so can't take and photos, I'm just wondering what y piece will I need to buy to split the cold water supply. I'll upload some photos this weekend when I'm back home. Sorry it's a very vague question.

Thanks in advance.
Buy a washing machine valve tee piece. Basically, turn off water, cut into your cold water pipe. Insert tee between two cut pipes. Nip it up. Do not over tighten. Bobs your uncle.
Any problems phone a plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding dish washer to kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated advice. In addition to draining slowly, the sink also back fills when the washing machine pumps water out. I have had the initial undersink work...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on kitchen sinks and bathroom washbasins? Must the supply come directly from the mains or can it come from the cold water storage tank? Or is the...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
My dish washer and washing machine are installed next to one another per the attached picture. After using the washing machine waste water per the attached picture fills the bottom of the dishwasher. In the attached picture this the waste water after 2 washing machine loads. Attached is a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock