Discuss Adding new radiator to heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello I would like to add a radiator to my current heating system and would like to take some advice on how to achieve this?

Thanks

I also understand why you cant tap in to the boilers main supplies and you need to tap into the heating circuit only or it will be heated by both hotwater supply and heating supply. It makes sense. What I meant by question where my cylinder is would there be a manifold there where it diverts hotwater to the heating system?

Ian it may be wise to phone a local plumber and explain what you want to do, pay him £30 to come and look at your system and point you in the right direction.

I have done this for people in the past, I like it when people try to help themselves rather than just get someone in for every little job.

Then you have someone who’s seen it on your side if you get stuck ( no reason you will), and if the worst comes to the worst they can sort it for you.

Good luck

Ian it may be wise to phone a local plumber and explain what you want to do, pay him £30 to come and look at your system and point you in the right direction.

I have done this for people in the past, I like it when people try to help themselves rather than just get someone in for every little job.

Then you have someone who’s seen it on your side if you get stuck ( no reason you will), and if the worst comes to the worst they can sort it for you.

Good luck
My first hour's £45.00, but not a bad idea otherwise. The OP seems to be researching how a heating system is plumbed and may be able to work out if it's S plan or Y plan (or C, W, etc plan), but some people are able to look at a mess of pipework and make sense of it and others really struggle. But obviously it's easier to identify if you do this every day.

My first hour's £45.00, but not a bad idea otherwise. The OP seems to be researching how a heating system is plumbed and may be able to work out if it's S plan or Y plan (or C, W, etc plan), but some people are able to look at a mess of pipework and make sense of it and others really struggle. But obviously it's easier to identify if you do this every day.
Are you Plumbing only?

Are you sure they are heating pipes and not water. Where are your port valve/s? Near tank or pump? Brass body with a wee box on top. This will give you a better idea.

They certainly were not
Are you sure they are heating pipes and not water. Where are your port valve/s? Near tank or pump? Brass body with a wee box on top. This will give you a better idea.

There was no heat to them when the hot water was on. I will take some pics tomorrow and up load.

That’s good least you know now

Reply to Adding new radiator to heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back