Discuss Advice on buying an on-demand 12v heatpump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gambiasurfgirl

HI,not being a plumberly minded,I hope to get some advice here...
I am planning a water supply for an off grid location,I will have water pumped from a borehole,into a 2000 litre storage tank 15 m off the ground,when the water flows down by gravity and reaches ground level,it will then go right to 2 or 3 outdoor taps (for the garden) ending 60m away;and to the left going 20m to the house (kitchen and bathroom) and then another 60m up that side of the garden supplying 2 or 3 more outdoor taps.
I want to put an on demand 12v pump on the house side,to give some pressure .(maybe even on the garden side too)
I have noticed that these pumps are used on boats and possibly in fields and so on,but before i rush off and buy a totally inappropriate pump,can anyone offer any advice??
by the way the pump will get power from a solar setup.

Re: ADVICE oN bUYIng A 12V ON DEMAND PUMP

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but with a 15m head, which is very decent, I'd say you'd be better off just upgrading the pipes from the tank to your house to a larger diameter. This won't then take any power to run, or create any noise! What size do you have at the moment?

Thats a fair point made by Wheeto! a 15m head is huge!

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but with a 15m head, which is very decent, I'd say you'd be better off just upgrading the pipes from the tank to your house to a larger diameter. This won't then take any power to run, or create any noise! What size do you have at the moment?

well, this is very encouraging,the tower hasn't being built yet,it is for a project for later in the year,my neighbour has one(tank on a tower) and i think the pipe down is black and about 1.5" (from memory),its just that my place is 65m long by 45m so i thought maybe at the end of the run,the water might get a bit slow....so you think i may not need a pump along the surface? Mmmmm,that would be one less thing to worry about :)

how about installing a secondary CWSC in the loft of house, so Big tank tops up small tank in loft, negating the worry of slow water rate/pressure, the secondary CWSC then provides suitable head for the feeds in the house!

Leaving the big tank to just supply the CWSC and the outside taps.

just a thought im throwing out there.....

I have a victorian villa and 15m equates to 3 stories in it, thats one heck of a tower, you are probably well outside the uk to be allowed to pop that up, make it strong.

As said, providing you have a decent pipe size down from the storage system, you should have no problem.... You should be more concerned in how you are going to lift the water up that far without mains electric ?

i think it will be buckets and the local work force being as she is a Gambia girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on buying an on-demand 12v heatpump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock