Discuss Advice on energy efficient system please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for the replies, very useful!

Our total gas consumption per annum is approx. 25000 kwh, but I don't know the split of CH vs DHW.

We have one bathroom, but we usually run 2-3 baths a night (some of the kids are luckily at the age where they will share!). I take a shower on a morning, but everyone else bathes at night. The only other HW demand is from the kitchen sink. Washing machine is cold feed as is dishwasher.

Worcester is probably right about the payback period of the cylinder on it's own, but I wanted to look at the system as a whole, factoring in the dependencies. So for example, if I replace the boiler later, can I introduce the cylinder now, or do I have to replace the boiler first/at the same time as introducing the cylinder.

Anyway, that last part seems like I can do the boiler later and split the project into two costs which is easier to swallow.
As I said at the start, we are planning to live here for a long time, so even a 20 year payback is acceptable.
That said, the GasSaver technology coupled with a more efficient boiler and the PV savings ought to reduce that to perhaps nearer the 10 year mark.

The GasSaver might save me up to 25% and a new boiler up to 25-30% (as mine is 70% efficient) - if you believe the hype. If I can then add another 25-50% reduction by pre-heating with an immersion, I *should* be quids in (eventually!).
The boiler *does* need replacing due to age and efficiency in the not too distant future anyway which is what prompted the whole thing.

I'll definitely look at the Baxi system and the temporal store idea next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on energy efficient system please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock