Discuss Aerjec Installation Advive Please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Markw996

Hi,

I am planning to fit an Aerjec air separator to my central heating this weekend, could somebody please check my system and tell me if I have understood the installation instructions correctly?

Here is my new Aerjec and my proposed piping and connections:

AJ1.jpg

Here is my CH system showing the H section I propose to cut out and my connections:

MYCH1.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Why do you want to fit a sludge catcher, sorry airjec?, btw there is no need for that 15mm bypass from the pump flow to the return.

Agree,just re fit the tee pieces so they are touching with no pipe work showing,so cold feed and vent are as close as possible and will not need and as said,do away with by pass
imho

Why do you want to fit a sludge catcher, sorry airjec?, btw there is no need for that 15mm bypass from the pump flow to the return.

Long story but I have air problems and would like to both fix them and stop them coming back, so the air separator will get fitted now I've already bought it! The 15mm bypass at the bottom of the photo is going to be converted to 22mm and I have a Honeywell Auto Bypass valve to install in it.

puddle said:
Agree,just re fit the tee pieces so they are touching with no pipe work showing,so cold feed and vent are as close as possible and will not need and as said,do away with by pass
imho

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, you are talking about the bypass at the bottom of the photo right?

Thanks,
Mark.

imho

Doh.. Sorry.. I understand what you mean now!

Although Airjecs seem to be held in the same regard as Marmite, do my connections look correct as it's going to be an afternoons work to fit the thing and I'd like to be sure I'm not going to have to cut it out and refit it due to a silly mistake!

Thanks,
Mark.

Doh.. Sorry.. I understand what you mean now!

Although Airjecs seem to be held in the same regard as Marmite, do my connections look correct as it's going to be an afternoons work to fit the thing and I'd like to be sure I'm not going to have to cut it out and refit it due to a silly mistake!

Thanks,
Mark.
Hi Mark, just follow the instructions with the airjec, its easy to say this from the comfort of my armchair, 100miles away,without even looking at it..... but Il bet you that fitting the airjec doesnt fix your "air" problem. either way
let us know how you get on mate :)

Return the autobypass to the merchants, you do not need one with a y plan, an s plan when both 2 ports can be shut you do ,but a 3 port will be "open" to either the cylinder coil, the radiators or both at any one time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, maybe you could give me some pointers?

1) When my pump starts up it sounds really loud with water swirling around inside all the pipes in the airing cupbard.
2) The pump ticks all the time it is running, fairly regular but not mechanical as it is not rythmic.
3) When the boiler/pump clicks off sometimes I get a quick spurt of water into the F&e tank.

This all happens whether hot or cold, worse when hot, but the noise wakes me up in the morning so it obviously quite bad when cold too.

It seemed to be pointing to a blockage in the cold feed, probably around the vent / feed H arrangement, hence I want to cut it out and might as well replace it with an aerjec just for good measure.

Does that sound a reasonable conclusion to draw?

Thanks,
Mark.

Yes mate spot on, well worth a try then :). let us know what you find.

Yes your proposed connections are correct, and I would also look to extend pipe A (vent) a bit higher over the tank and then back down making sure it does not drop into tank to far,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aerjec Installation Advive Please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock