Discuss Air gap under copper cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Thanks for the secondary return in plastic pipe replies....Nice one
Just have another question i can't find an answer to
How does the bottom of a hot water copper cylinder rot if there's no circulation of air passing through it.
I know it rots but actually why it rots is my question???

Bottom of cylinder is cold. With little movement of air, condensation could form and not, later, be able to dry out. My mother's Primatic cylinder only lasted 40 years, probably for this reason.

Ift he floor is oak, the timber contains tannic acid.

Reply to Air gap under copper cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have a megaflo unvented cylinder on the first floor of my property and I am trying to recharge the air gap. I have turned off the incoming cold...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have a fairly large property (6 bed 4 storey victorian) and when we moved in the pre-historic boiler broke down and it resided in its...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock