Discuss All bathroom appliances connected to the pump??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cihi2001

Hello,

I recently had a situation after a plumber came and did a job for me. He connected the water pipes through the toilet,basin and the shower. I was bringing another plumber and asked two more if the pump should be connected through the toilet and the basin too and they said no. I want to find out opinions on how plumbers will do in this case? The plumber who did the job was explaining that if the water pipes from toilet and basin will be disconnected from the pump the try won't function as well as the modern appliance works much better on pressurised systems i.e booster pumps. He also said if he would install a booster pump then he will connect all bathroom appliances to it unless instructed to do otherwise. I'm looking for opinions: how is it right in fact? to connect only the shower/bath or all appliances? When all appliances are connected the noise made by the pump is not little. Thanks for reading my post.

I'm sorry this really doesn't make much sense. Are you asking essentially if your water pump should be attached to all sanitary ware

I take it you suffer from very low water pressure, are you having just the cold water pressure boosted , or both Hot & Cold, is the pump connected to the mains water supply, or is it connected to tanks in the loft, Problem with a lot of modern taps is that they are made for high pressure systems, and although they will work on older type plumbing systems you will notice a difference in flow rates (How fast water comes out) Some pumps tend to be noisy but it will depend where it is fitted and on what kind of floor, Do you know what make of pump has been fitted ?

Yes the question is: pump should be attached to all sanitary ware?

I'm trying to find out who is right? the one who did the job and he said the pump has to be attached to the sanitary ware or others two who said the pump should only be connected through the shower only

Can you update type of pump that has been fitted ! Photo if you can, Shower booster pump or whole house pump ??

If it is a whole house pump then there is no problem often pump manufacturers will suggest some sort of a pressure reducer going into a toilet but I will hinge on the make of the pump

Last edited:
i think customer is trying to say that in the middle of night when he uses toilet or basin pump goes off making lots of noise and this is why i always suggest to the customer not to connect toilet or basin to pumps unless pressure is extremely bad.

I would only want a pump connected to bath and shower pipes and only to basin pipes if essential where pressure and flow is terrible. Toilets connected to a pump can cause the pump to cycle on and off if the modern flush valve is letting water trickle into the pan, which is very common.

20160815_180208.jpg20160815_180214.jpg20160815_180208.jpg

Here I attached pictures,hope this will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to All bathroom appliances connected to the pump??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock