Discuss All new spindle extensions - still drips! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have no knowledge when it comes to plumbing so will describe our situation best I can...
A few months ago, our bath tap began to leak. No matter how hard we turned the taps off (which we later learnt causes further damage) it would still leak, and gradually got worse over time. We had the local plumber take a quick look when installing our water heater and he told us that we needed new spindle extensions. So we bought all new spindles AND extensions, did it ourselves, and fixed the leak!
That was about 2 months ago and it never dripped once since then, (though we never touched them at all in that time). that was until yesterday when I briefly turned on the cold tap, and now its dripping!

I'm baffled as to how and why this is happening as everything we replaced was brand new...
Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20200827_140431.jpg
    20200827_140431.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 10
Do the shut off valves operate with a rubber washer and do they turn a couple of complete turns to operate?
If so they are compression valves and the seats should be checked for scratches.
If they only turn through 90 degrees they are ceramic disc valves and seat grinding not advisable.

Reply to All new spindle extensions - still drips! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have no knowledge when it comes to plumbing so will describe our situation best I can... A few months ago, our bath tap began to leak...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock