Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Alpha 240p first no HW now nothing. Parts changed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys I got asked to go and have a look at a job yesterday for the above boiler.

At first they had no HW so someone went and put in a new plate heat exchanger.

Still didn't work, someone went and changed diverter valve (i think).

Still didn't work, they ordered a PCB and lucky me got told to go and pick it up and fit it.

Got there yesterday no ch or hw. Fitted PCB still nothing working.

Pilot lights, fan and pump are running.

I have ordered a gas valve and a flame sensing lead. Might also order an air pressure switch.

I don't intend to fit all these but I'm going to start with the lead and see if that works. then go on from there. One thing though there's a lot of fuzzy white build up sitting at the bottom of the gas valve, i'm assuming from a leak over a long time although nothing leaking now. It's possible this is gone.

Can anyone recommend other things to check. Normally I would spend time to try and diagnose a fault a bit better than throwing parts at a boiler but if i'm getting sent to jobs and no one else gives a damn i certainly wont be losing sleep over it.

Check the clamp on the flue hood to the flue they always rot and then cause the aps to not operate, the chimney light usually comes on on the display though to say fan hasn't proved

Check the clamp on the flue hood to the flue they always rot and then cause the aps to not operate, the chimney light usually comes on on the display though to say fan hasn't proved

Thanks, the chimney light hasn't come on from what i remember but will check the clamp anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 240p first no HW now nothing. Parts changed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock